Collier County is sharing updated resources from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). CFPB is a U.S. government agency dedicated to making sure consumers are treated fairly by banks, lenders, and other financial institutions. A part of this mission, CFPB is empowering individuals to make informed financial decisions. Below is a list of resources and will be updated on an on-going basis. Check out our Additional Resources page for more information that may assist you.
- Housing Insecurity resources: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/housing/housing-insecurity/
- Get Help Paying Rent or Bills: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/housing/housing-insecurity/help-for-renters/get-help-paying-rent-and-bills/
- Homeowner Assistance Fund: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/coronavirus/mortgage-and-housing-assistance/help-for-homeowners/get-homeowner-assistance-funds/
- Find a Housing Counselor interactive tool: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/find-a-housing-counselor/
- Submit a Complaint about a financial product or service: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/
- Consumer Complaint Database: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/data-research/consumer-complaints/
- Read complaints: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/data-research/consumer-complaints/search/?date_received_min=2011-12-01&has_narrative=true&page=1&searchField=all&size=25&sort=created_date_desc&tab=List